Item : theme or module
Author: Worldthem Ltd
1. The Extended License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive,
worldwide license to make use of the digital work (Item) you have selected.
Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of the Item, as well as the FAQs (which form part of this license).
2. You are licensed to use the Item to create one single
End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product may be Sold.
3. An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an application of skill and effort.
(a) For an Item that is a template or cms or module, the End Product is a customised implementation of the Item.
For example, the item is a magazine template and the end product is the finished magazine.
(b) For other types of Item, an End Product is something that incorporates the Item as well as
other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
For example, the item is a set of icons and the end product is a mobile app for sale.
See the FAQs for examples and information about End Products and the single application requirement.
Go for it! Things you can do with the Item
4. You can create the End Product for a client, and this license is then transferred from you to your client.
5. You can Sell and make any number of copies of the single End Product.
6. You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a
derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license.
You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3.
For example: you can license a vector, manipulate it and add your own elements to create
an illustration that’s used as a book cover.
Whoa there! Things you can’t do with the Item
7. This license is a “single application” license and not a “multi-use” license,
which means that you can’t use the Item to create more than one unique End Product.
8. You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or theme or cms, or with source files.
You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if
you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications.
For example: You can't license a number of vector files, and redistribute/resell them as a clip-art pack.
9. You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customise a digital or physical
product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application.
You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each final product incorporating
the Item that is created using the application.
Examples of “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” applications: website builders, “create your own”
slideshow apps, and e-card generators. You will need one license for each product created by a customer,
or contact us at Help Center to discuss.
10. Although you can modify the Item and therefore delete components before creating your single
End Product, you can’t extract and use a single component of an Item on a stand-alone basis.
For example: You license a game starter kit. You can delete unwanted 3D models from the file.
But you can’t extract and use a 3D model outside of the game starter kit.
11. You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product.
The nitty gritty! Other license terms
12. For some Items, a component of the Item will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different
license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else’s license or an open source or creative
commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Item’s description page or
in the Item’s downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license.
This license will apply to the rest of the Item.
13. Some Items are partially subject to a GNU General Public License (GPL) or another open source
license even if the Item was entirely created by the author. For these Items, a ‘split license’ applies.
This means that the open source license applies to an extent that’s determined by the open source license
terms and the nature of the Item, and this license applies to the rest of the Item.
14. You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a
person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake
identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is
defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
15. Items that contain digital versions of real products, trademarks or other intellectual
property owned by others have not been property released. These Items are licensed on the
basis of editorial use only. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these
Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the intellectual property
16. This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making
copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
18. The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on
Term used Meaning:
End Product-See clause 3.
Sell or Sold-Sell, license, sub-license or distribute for any type of fee or charge.